Blog Roll

Sunday, December 4, 2011

John's Island Adventure

Hey y'all, sorry it has been so long! Between being sick and busy with work after Thanksgiving I am finally back! 


I had a great and relaxing weekend. I think it was exactly what the doctor ordered after being sick half the week. Today I really needed to get out the house so Tyler and I went on a John's Island adventure. I have never been to John's Island and wanted to check out the this rural Charleston island.


We first visited the famous Angel Oak Tree which was actually really spectacular. I have seen many Red Wood's in the California area and this was large even compared to some of the largest of those. I think they said it is the largest tree east of the Mississippi. Ahh, I sound like such a tree-hugger! :) It is a must see for sure! 


We also rode out and explored other areas of John's Island in to Wadmalaw Island even seeing Firefly Distillery and Irvin Vineyards. If only it was not a Sunday we could have done a tasting and winery tour. John's Island is a must do day trip for all you Charleston locals. 







Enjoy the last bit of your weekend! Thanks for reading! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...