Do you ever wonder how certain circumstances, situations and experiences have made you the person that you are today? I think about it all the time!
In October of 2003 I was diagnosed with Stage IV Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. After Chemotherapy, relapse, more Chemotherapy & Radiation, a Clinical Trial and a Bone Marrow Transplant, I am now almost a six year Survivor! AMEN!
I am the person that I am today because my life was touched by cancer. I mean don't get me wrong, cancer sucks! Who doesn't know that? I am sure each of you know someone that has been touched by cancer.
Not only does cancer leave a life changing impact on the patient; it touches family, friends, caregivers and even total strangers.
Cancer changed my faith:
As a very indecisive person I have always known one thing for sure, that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour. Without him having his heavenly arms wrapped around me through my battle, the prayers, miracles and overall faith is what got me to where I am today. I have learned to never forget that God is in control and, "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned to live the life God has waiting for us!" In the end it is always about glorifying him!
Cancer changed my dreams and aspirations:
Whether I am fortunate enough to be able to pursue my passion personally or professionally I don't know yet. Either way cancer is going to always be something that I am the most passionate about. Hopefully one way or another I can make a difference in the lives of people with cancer.
Cancer changed by relationship with friends and family:
Not only am I blessed to have such wonderful friends and family, I consider them my true support system. Through thick and thin they are always there and I know that my experience touched each of their lives. I have learned to never forget that when people are at their lowest and hurting is when they need you the most. That's what friends and family are for!
Cancer changed my thoughts on healthy living:
I know that I don't always make the healthiest choices, who does? I try my best to eat right, get enough sleep, exercise, take vitamins and to enjoy myself by indulging on the things I love!
These are just a few examples of how cancer changed my life personally. I could share my experiences with y'all in so many ways and hope to continue to do so. If you know anyone that is battling cancer, being diagnosed or needs someone to talk to in any way, I am your girl! It would be an honor for me to hear from anyone!
What made you who you are today?
you are so strongggg hay!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dania! I love how you are the only one that can comment. I need tips on how to change that, maybe I will switch to WordPress! Lets do something soon, have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou have a BEAUTIFUL heart for the Lord! I've been kind of stalking the other contestants for the EWB contest, but after reading this I hope you win because you inspired me just now!!! I didn't go through cancer, but I had Ulcerative Colitis severely and there were many days that life looked like it would end and I would be in Heaven with Jesus. He was/IS my Rock and I am thankful and content I can live this life for him! :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Vanessa, it really means so much. I am so glad that you are doing well and I love hearing stories of other people’s relationships with God! We are both so blessed! :) Good luck!!
ReplyDelete