Blog Roll

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

TaiAnn's Guest Post

So I am blessed and excited to have one of my best friends TaiAnn be the first guest blogger. It couldn't be a more perfect time for her to guest post before she starts her final year of graduate school for speech pathology. I am so proud of her! :)

TaiAnn and her family have done so much for me over the years. They are one of the greatest families that I know and I strive to be more and more like them each day. If you know Tai you know how great she is. Although the remainder of our years will be spent in different places, I look forward to many vacations together for years to come, that is the friend that TaiAnn is; a forever one!

I could go on for hours about how wonderful of a friend and person TaiAnn is. Both TaiAnn and Ben are very blessed to be together and just thinking about them I think of God Gave Me You and they truly have Everything  going on. They are such role models for love and how...
"Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps not record or wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." Corinthians 13:4-7

 God truly put these two wonderful people in each others lives and I can say that I know that these two will be together forever. I love you Tai and Ben, and cannot wait to share in your special day! 



My name is TaiAnn and I have known Haley for many years. We met at Irmo Elementary School, and we both danced at Southern Strutt where we went from acquaintances to good friends. In Elementary School, we loved having sleepovers where we would make up dances, play truth or dare, and talk about our crushes. Through the years our friendship has grown and been through a lot. When Haley was diagnosed with cancer, I never imagined how serious her condition would be. I thought that I was invincible, and I never though that stuff like that could happen to people I knew. I realized just how wrong I was when it happened to one of my closest friends. Haley’s courage and unfailing hope was overpowering and helped her battle every day against her cancer. Today, she is alive and well, a graduate of USC, and one of the happiest people I know! Her outlook on life is unlike anyone I know… She’s amazing and I think the world of her!
I have asked Haley to be a bridesmaid in my wedding. I can’t imagine her not being in it, as she has supported me throughout my life in many different instances. She will help make the big day complete.

Wedding planning… the words that come to mind are “Oh My.” Wedding planning is so much about DETAIL. I never realized it until my mom and I began this task. I am getting married in Lexington, KY, eight hours from my hometown. The wedding will be held in a small traditional Baptist church and the reception will follow at a hotel nearby. I cannot wait for this special day with my future husband, Ben.

I thought I would share where I met my future husband…

You are never going to believe it but I met the man of my dreams while I was out with friends one night. He was playing guitar at a local restaurant in Bowling Green, KY (who would have thought). We did the usual flirty interaction but really hit it off when he found out I used to attend the College of Charleston. His family vacations at Kiawah Island frequently, which is pretty close to Charleston! We had so much to talk about it and it sparked an interest in one another. The other day while looking for wedding rings, the clerk asked us “who asked who out on the first date.” I responded with “he did” and he responded with “she did”. He invited me to a Halloween party but I was unable to attend because I was leaving town. So then I took it upon myself (totally unlike me) to invite him over one night to watch a movie and chat (never fear, we had mutual friends so I knew he was a “safe” guy to invite over). He came over, and we really enjoyed talking and had so much in common. Ever since, Ben and I have been inseparable. I cannot imagine my life without him. He is definitely the man of my dreams and the one person who I want to be with for forever… nobody else. He is my Prince Charming.

Where do you think you will meet your future spouse? I never thought I would have met my future husband like that but the truth is you never know… I guess the moral of the story is to always look cute, because you never know who is looking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...