Blog Roll

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some Serious Juice



Wednesday after work I met up with Katie and headed to MoMo's Bistro on Devine Street in Columbia for Wednesday Wine Night. It is something that I really enjoy. What makes it even better it is free!! 
We tried multiple wines and I love learning more about wine! 


Pierre Sparr Riesling 09- Blend 100% Riesling


I actually really enjoyed this and I normally don't enjoy a Riesling because of its sweetness. This was a very dry Riesling, that is very reasonable. 


"Pale yellows with green highlights. Aromas of lemon peels and green apples, followed by a slight aroma of banana. Smooth well balanced with soft acidity."
-
Migration Pinot Noir 08- Blend 100% Pinot Noir 


This was wonderful and very different than the normal Pinot Noir that I would drink. To me it was very earthy and tasted almost as if I was eating a heavy meal rather than drinking a glass of wine. I highly suggest this!


"The nose displays a bright cherry, strawberry compote, violet and rhubarb layers, alongside more exotic elements of Asian spice, hickory, earth and roasted meats. These aromatics are echoed on the palate, and further supported by juicy acidity and notes of strawberry, plum, toffee, pie crust and and a hint of white pepper."


We also tasted a Sauvion Vourvray 10- 100% Chenin Blanc, Dona Paula Estate Malbec Syrah 10-60% Malbec, 40% Syrah, and a Saddle Rock Cabernet Sauvignon 09-100% Cab/Sauv. The ones above were my favorites! 
Tonight after work I met Dad at Bonefish Grill, it was great! When I arrived Dad had already decided to drink Drops of Jupiter by Train-Petite Syrah. It was actually very good and I mean who doesn't love a little Train. We are big fans! I don't know what my favorites are; Meet Virginia or Marry Me. So how could the wine not be good?
Well the food was awesome, I love splitting and enjoying a little bit of everything. Well guys I am off to get packed, I am headed to Charleston after work tomorrow for the weekend. I have so much to do in a very short amount of time. Guess what? Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!
Bang Bang Shrimp (You can never go wrong)
Delicious Fish Tacos
Coconut Rum Cake (Butter Rum ladies? ha sorry...inside joke) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...